Thursday, August 29, 2013

Our weight loss...err lifestyle change

A year and a half ago I joined a weight-loss challenge, I lost 27 pounds and was sooooo stoked.
I was doing weightloss shakes, which were so tasty and worked.
They were also pricey and I couldnt keep it up. So the weight came back...

A few weeks ago hubby and I watched 2 documentaries, so much info, and so helpful. That paired with a friend who has a passion for GOOD, REAL food, we decided to change. To change our lifestyle, in hopes to change our lives for the better, forever!

We are 3 weeks in, Ive lost 1.1 pounds shy of 10 pounds! WHY? Cuz we are eating REAL food!!!

We gave up meat, CRAZY! We are not against eating meat, and we might eat it if we are out and about, at a friends for dinner, or something along those lines, but trying to avoid it. If you know me, you know I LOVE meat, I especially LOVE cow! haha so far I havent craved it or even really wanted it.

We eat LOTS and LOTS of organic fruits and veggies, with the money we are saving from meat! We hit up sprouts weekly, and will start hitting up mothers market, as thats all they sell, Organic or farm fresh! ( we havent been able to make it out to our local farmers market yet, we keep forgetting.) I desperately want to join a CSA type program, hopefully soon.

Packaged food is so easy and we have it, but if we cant read all the ingredients we try to avoid it.

My breakfast is Oatmeal, and soon switching over to steel cut oats. I like my oatmeal BARELY cooked, not mushy. I add a tablespoon of Chia seeds, and or a tablespoon or Qia (LOVE Qia) and I 'sweeten' it with sweetened vanilla almond milk.

Lunch has been quinoa with veggies and nuts or BIG salads, with lots and lots of veggies and sunflower seed, chia seeds. Dinner looks similar.

Dessert, yup, Chia pudding with sweetened vanilla almond milk, and berries.

Sweetened vanilla milk is one of my down falls, I use it to sweeten my coffee, oatmeal, chai tea, chia puddin... For other milk things, like cereal, we use unsweetened almond milk, from traders or sprouts.

Ive given up dairy all together, as I think Gunnar has a sensitivity towards it.

Nick and I ate at a vegetarian,  restaurant recently and it was DELICIOUS!

I will also say how much I LOVE blended coffee drinks and have been just having one no more than once a week and I get the smallest they have. Its my treat, and keeps me sane! :o) Other than that I get iced tea.

I read once, and I dont remember where, weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment