Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Box Day

I know I said I was posting this on Manic Monday.. Something came up, and I needed to do a Mani{c} Monday. So here is it today, Box Day

Im a new Sonlighter! This year Im homeschooling my first born! She is 4 to be 5 in just a few short months! 5 is a big deal to me and so bitter sweet. Anyway, she is starting Kindergarten!
I was talking to my friend who works for Sonlight, and he told me that I needed to celebrate 'Box Day', thats its a big deal, and people have so much fun with it! A bit curious I headed over to Sonlights FB page and asked about it! So here I am, writing about BOX DAY! Yet you still have no idea! :o)

Box Day is they day that your curriculum, and goodies from Sonlight appear on your door step. You bring the OH SO HEAVY {In my case 54 pounds} of box into the house. You wait for the kids to go to bed, that was hard! Next time Im gonna have them with me, but the youngest are so little, and the littlest doesnt know how to treat a book nicely, and I didnt want this experience to be stressful, I wanted to bask in the items, to look through it all and not be saying over and over again, "oh dont touch that, AHHHHH DONT RIP, hey hey hey, that needs to stay here!" 8pm came, got those kids into bed quickly, and I RAN downstairs to my new toys!

I opened the boxes, and there is was, MILES of paper..... I unloaded that, THEN there is was
My goodies.... Errrr Anberlyns goodies! AND do you see that box!?! Its a Castle.. Once I get all this stuff in their proper home, the girls can color it and use it for play... OH YES, AWESOME!!!

Here I am, pulling stuff out of the boxes, looking at each item! SO MUCH! Im not gonna lie, a bit overwhelming! Its all basically laid out for ya, they did most the heavy work for me!

I had to put my binder together, it took roughly an hour. During that time I was able to skim through it. Kinda get an idea of whats in store for this upcoming school year.
There it is, complete. 36 weeks of work, laid out for me and done.
Week 1 Day 1 can't come quickly enough!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Box Day! Thanks for sharing the excitement, and may this be an awesome year of homeschooling that leads to many more [smile].

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Luke!!! I pray and hope its a wonderful year! Im sure it will be!

      Delete
  2. How awesome! I am a teacher, but I don't know if I would have the patience to homeschool. Great job :)

    Thanks for stopping by our CHQ Blog Hop last night - hope to see you around next Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for stopping by! Im excited for this new venture in our lives!

      Delete
  3. That is so awesome! I love that binder (sooo organized)..... :-) You look like you're in store for a really fun year! Are you working with other parents or part of a co-op for this Kindergarten year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Box Day, I just posted mine this week!

    ReplyDelete